Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yes, I know, I am even MORE delayed than last time!! I absolutely set the bar too high when I said that I would post every day.. but hey, I'm only human right? Well, it's been 6 days since the last post, and I have a perfectly good explanation as to why it has taken me so long. The apartment, naturally, fell through. After being told we could move in last weekend, we packed up all of our stuff and anticipated the awaited "you are free to move!" phone call. However, that got delayed because the tennant fell behind on moving all of his things out.. which meant that the cleaning of the apartment couldn't take place until the middle of the week. So, we anxiously waited the phone call, completely willing to drop anything to move in.. until we didn't get a phone call. So on Thursday, Jeffrey called to see what, exactly, was going on, which was when we got the best news ever: "We were cleaning and there was an issue with the oil tanks and blah blah blah.. the apartment is inhabitable." Lovely! They didn't call us to let us know what was going on, we had to call them only to find out that we couldn't even move in! So, Jeffrey and I talked to the families and decided that we would move into my Faza's (father's) house over the weekend. So on Saturday we spent all day moving our stuff to and fro just to get situated. Now that it is Sunday, however, I must admit that it feels so nice to be settled in (and have central a/c in our bedroom!!) and comfortable. We actually had a great time moving everything because we had so much help-- even though I couldn't do much of anything.

Which brings me to the whole reason I have this blog: baby Trent!! There really aren't any new updates for the week.. not much has changed except for the fact that my belly is getting bigger and Trent is still moving around all the time. It still amazes me that I can feel so much, and that there is a whole new life growing inside of me that started so small and is now getting so big!! It's such an amazing experience! We were looking at more cribs and nursery furniture yesterday. I am in love with color espresso. I think we found the perfect set! And, thankfully, it matches the furniture we have in our room now, so if we still havn't found a new apartment by the time the baby comes, we will all be coordinated together :). At some point over the week, Jeffrey brough home little Timberland's for the baby. Which, of course, I fell in love with! They are black and red boots, adorable!! Soooo being the mommy, that got me into the baby shopping spirit and I went and got him some one-sies and pj's. They are so cute! I love little baby clothes and shoes and furniture! We have all of his stuff in a part of the basement downstairs and I am beyond excited with it all. It's just so awesome!! I love him so much already!!

I have to get a move-on over here.. we have some errands to run and spackling/painting/fan-installing to do. I promise I will be in touch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment