Friday, July 9, 2010

Eventful :)

Explanation of pictures to follow :)






First and foremost, I would like to make a shout out to my dad: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :-D You are the best and I love you.
Now, onto my eventful day. I called out of work this morning because I wasn't feeling well, and my husband called out of work because he had sick time so he figured, why not. Therefore, we both did not get out of bed until 10:30. Based on what time we started to move, I thought that today was going to be a lazy day. Well, i was wrong.
To begin with, I made Jeffrey breakfast in bed. Yes, I spoil him. Yes, he is grateful. No, I will not be doing this the day after delivery. After he enjoyed his eggs and toast, I cleaned up and then looked around our room. That's when it dawned on me: why not pack? So, I began packing everything in sight. The end result? 10 boxes, 5 totes, and a pile of stuff that wouldn't fit it into either category. Trent was kicking the whole time-- I'm pretty sure he's excited to be moving too!! Which, by the way, is happening THIS SUNDAYYYY!!!! :-D (Party time?) After the packing was complete, I headed upstairs to find my mom and sister in the kitchen, laughing about premature ejaculation. (Now, if this sounds creepy, you clearly havn't spent any time with my family in coversation, or this would not surprise you.) So, Jeffrey and I joined in on the fun. We all helped with cooking Daddy's Birthday dinner (okay, we were entertainment while my mom cooked): meatloaf, baked mac n cheese and home-made ice cream cake. Then, I started working on an outline for a paper for a friend. For two hours. Then we had a dinner break. Well, during dinner, Leanne decided to throw biscuits at everyone instead of hand them like a normal human.. and somehow that led to her smacking Chris in the face with a buttered biscuit, butter-side up. This did not make Chris happy. Needless to say, Leanne ended up in the dog crate with a pot of ice-cold water dumped atop her. (This is not torture. Again, this is normal household festivities.. there is a ten dollar fee if you don't call before you come.) After this fiasco, Jeffrey and I headed back downstairs and I finished working on the paper.. another three hours. Yes, i'm a dedicated friend.
At some point during the day, I received the Old Navy Maternity clothes that I ordered a few days ago (which came surprisingly fast). When I ordered the clothes, I ordered pajamas for the baby-- I was so excited when i opened them!! I showed Jeffrey and he approves :)
I figured out how to post pictures, thanks to Courtney (check out her blog, it's a million times better than mine) and all her internet wisdom. I'd be lost without her. So, check em out!!

1 comment:

  1. I love my family!!! The memories, the moments, the laughter, and tears fill me...

    ReplyDelete