Monday, July 12, 2010

Catch up!

So, I have already failed at posting every day, as I missed last night!! Let's see if we can recap the last two days in a semi-quickly manner.

Yesterday was a blast! Jeffrey and I slept in until 11:00, which was phenomenal, considering we are always up by 9 on the weekends. It felt so nice to get that much down time!! Right after we woke up, we both decided that pulled pork, creamed corn and potatoe salad were exactly what we needed.. so we headed right over to the Jolin #2 household for leftovers! :) Then, we decided we wanted to play mini-golf, so Jeffrey, Mama J, Papa J and I got into the car and drove to Pine Creek to play some hard-core mini-golf. I lost, naturally.. but I did make par on some of the holes!! It was so hot outside though, I almost forgot what it felt like to be in the sun for so long. My body clearly wasn't prepared for it, I did not feel good around hole 9.. but I made it!! I have to remember that I need to drink enough water for 2 people, not just for myself anymore! After we were done golfing, we stopped at the Cream King for some ice-cream/milkshakes. It was delicious!! I got some vanilla ice cream with cherry dipping shell on top, it completely hit the spot! We drove back to the Jolin #2 household and relaxed, I took a shower because I just felt gross, and then we got pizza and watched the movie She's Out Of Your League. It was absolutely hysterical! I reccommend it to anyone!! Excpet, maybe, kids under 14. :) Jeffrey and I left around 10:00, and when we got home we heard my cousin, Deonna Angelina, laughing in the kitchen-- so of course we had to stay up a little later and chat with her and my mom. Deonna and my aunt bought me a baby belly book, to journal in every week about the baby and a spot for belly pictures and ultrasound pictures and everything-- it is extremely cute!

As for today.. well, yesterday was much more eventful. Today, however, Trent was bopping around all day long! He's been kicking and twirling and rolling and all sorts of things. It's so cool to feel him!! I know I'm going to miss this after He is born, that is for sure. I feel so connected with him now. My boss and co-worker both weren't in the office today, so it was a very nice day. I caught up on the work I missed on Friday and even had time to catch up on the last episode of Drop Dead Diva and Army Wives. (Yes, even I have my "soap opera's" that I need to be updated on!!) Once work was over, I headed home to my husband-- and found him the pool with Deonna. They had such a blast-- just watching him with kids makes me smile. I can't wait for him to be a daddy.. he is going to do such an awesome job! I know I have been saying that I have been over-emotional and what-not.. but they are truly genuine emotions.. and when I see how excited we get whenever we start talking about the baby or when he sees my belly or plays games, it makes me fall in love with him all over again. I keep on visioning what they are going to do together.. all the adventures they will go on and how wonderful they will be together. It's just all so amazing. I know that God put me with the perfect man, and I couldn't ask for a better one.. Trent is one lucky boy!!

It's so strange. I have always known that I wanted a family and children and I always thought I would be such a great mom.. and now that it's actually here, well, almost here, I'm a little scared. While he is in my belly, I can protect him. As long as I keep myself healthy, then he is healthy. I can make sure he is safe and nourished and out of harms way. But he is only in this little bubble for 4 more months. What happens after that? What if I mess up? What if I'm not stern enough and I'm a door mat? What if I raise him the wrong way? What if he doesn't like me? What if I can't provide? All of these questions keep on running through my head and it's so overwhelming! I keep on thinking about the things Jeffrey and I put our parents through, and I don't want Trent to have to go through everything that we did. I want him to live this amazing life and not get hurt and just be happy all the time, which I know is unrealistic but hey, a mom can dream right? I know that Trent is a blessing and that God hand-picked me to be his mommy.. but it's so hard to know that I'm going to do the right thing and be a good mom. I just wish I had all the answers.

We spent the rest of the night with Deonna and the family. We ate dinner together, played games together, and even had ice cream sundaes!! Then, they started playing the xbox together, which was so much fun to watch!! I stole a picture when they weren't looking and attached it, it's adorable!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment