Monday, July 5, 2010

The Ultra Sound

For those of you who don't know, the first trimester of my pregnancy was not fun at ALL. However, everyone kept on telling me that would pass and sure enough, it did!! I'm now at 5 months and I feel wonderful (aside from the face breaking out and jiggly thighs, that is!!).

This past Thursday, July 1st, Jeffrey (my husband) and I went to get the first official ultra sound. It was so much fun! Of course, Jeffrey and I are not the most patient people in the world, so when my appointment was at 2 and I didn't go back until 3 we were beyond anxious, but the wait was well worth it! The doctor showed us every part of our baby, his arms, face, legs, little hands and feet, belly, heart, and then finally, what we were all waiting for.. the penis!! Yes, she pointed out the baby's penis and Jeffrey was estatic! Everyone knows that ever since I found out about the baby, Jeffrey has sworn up and down that it's a baby boy kicking in there-- he has spoken to my belly as "Trent Michael" ever since day 1-- and he was right! The funniest part about it is that I'm always saying how active Trent is in my belly.. he's always twirling and kicking and tumbling.. and no-one believed me! That is, until we got the ultra sound and the doctor had to jump around all over my belly just to keep track of him :).

As soon as we let the grandparents know that Trent Michael would be entering the world on November 26th, we let the rest of the world know. It was such an exciting and eventful day, and it made it so much more real. I still find it so hard to believe that there is a whole life being molded inside of my belly every single day. It's such a gift! We can't wait to meet him!

I tried to attach the ultra sound pictures of our little boy, but because it was scanned in it won't let me go through with it (for now.. until I figure it out haha) but the first one is of his face, you can see the eyes, nose and mouth and even his tummy. The second one is, naturally, of his penis! It's facing downwards, there is an arrow pointing to it and everything, how funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment